- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 18, 2000
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Snap Case
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - French
Additional Release Material:
- Behind-The-Scenes Featurette
- Trailers - 1.Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Motion Menu Scene Access
Animated Interactive Menus
Cast and Crew Biographies
Morgan Creek Web Link
Warner Bros. Web Link
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Honey, if I couldn't get a man to leave her, I wouldn't kill him. I'd kill myself."
- Nicole (SHARON STONE), to Shirley (KATHY BATES), a detective who thinks Nicole might have killed Guy (CHAZZ PALMINTERI) because she couldn't have him for herself.
"Yeah, you're in heaven and I'm the Virgin Mary."
- Nicole (SHARON STONE) to Mia (ISABELLE ADJANI), after Mia faints and regains consciousness.
"Oh, come on -- you can't pull that off."
- Nicole (SHARON STONE), pulling an unlit cigarette out from the lips of Mia (ISABELLE ADJANI).
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/17/1995
"...The movie has fun with the usual whodunit details....DIABOLIQUE is so well constructed that even today it works on its intended level..."
In this remake of the French classic, the wife of an abusive school headmaster joins forces with his mistress to do away with him. However, something goes wrong, and the two begin to get the feeling that their victim may not really be dead. When a private investigator becomes involved, the thread begins to unravel.
Abusive husband Guy Baran is a marked man, for both his wimpy wife Mia, AND his icy mistress Nicole are conspiring to kill him. One night, they put their plan into effect, as they poison Guy, drown him in the bathtub, then dump his body into a mucky swimming pool.
But when the pool is later drained, Guy's body is not there. And a local detective is growing suspicious of Mia and Nicole.
So where is that body' Is someone else involved in Guy's death' Is one murderess trying to frame the other' Or is Guy still alive'
Film Noir |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the USA March 22, 1996. The film grossed a diabolical $16 million domestically.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Donal Bellamy (Video Photographer #1); Diana Bellamy (Ms. Vawze); Clea Lewis (Lisa Campos); Jeffrey Abrams (Video Photographer #2); O'Neal Compton (Irv Danziger).
- Additional credit: Kirsten Welles (associate producer).
- Soundtrack on Edel America Records in association with Morgan Creek Records.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1996 Morgan Creek Productions, Inc.