- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chevy Chase and his wacky cohorts make their living selling arms to third world nations. When one of the group suddenly finds religion, the "deal of the century" becomes seriously jeopardized.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Deal of the Century
Fast-talking Eddie Muntz is a supersalesman. He sells weapons - little ones to kick off a riot and big ones that can trigger a world war. He won't sell just to anybody, only to folks with suitcases full of money.
Chevy Chase, Sigourney Weaver and Gregory Hines star in Deal of the Century, a devilish satire of the international arms trade from writer Paul Brickman (Risky Business) and director William Friedkin (The French Connection, The Exorcist). In the absurdist tradition of Dr. Strangelove and Wag the Dog, it's an uproarious look at an industry selling big bangs for big bucks - and shouldering big responsibility for the current sorry state of global relations. If your laughter is a little nervous, you're beginning to get the point.
In the high stakes game of arms dealing, a penny ante gun seller hopes to make a big score by selling shoddy planes to a dictator. With the help of his sexy girlfriend and his too-moral best friend, the arms trader makes a killer deal.
Black Comedy |
Scams And Cons |