- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Allumination
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/14/1993
"...Handsomely mounted....Visually stunning....Torn's playing is right on the nose..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/16/1994
"...Basking in the timelessness and autumnal richness of the surroundings, WHERE THE RIVERS FLOW NORTH doesn't rush to reveal itself any more than its characters do. It draws you in, scene by scene, and utterance by utterance....Likable and well-crafted..."
An old Vermont logdriver and his Native American wife stubbornly hold onto their land during the Depression as the government tries to buy them out. This independent film was widely celebrated by critics. Based on a novel by Howard Frank Mosher.
- Produced and distributed in the USA by Caledonia Pictures, Inc.
- International distribution by Ulysse Entertainment.
- Original MPAA Rating: PG-13.