- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 31, 2005
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround 2.0 - English
- Mono 1.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "BULLITT: Steve McQueen's Commitment to Reality"
- Audio Commentary: Peter Yates - Director
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "Steve McQueen: The Essence of Cool"
- "The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Editing"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1968 -
Best Film Editing: Frank P. Keller
USA Today - 12/05/1997
"Steve McQueen was cool, tight-lipped and could maneuver his wheels in a hilly car chase..."
Uncut - 08/01/2005
"A landmark crime caper."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2005
"Yates' sleek cop thriller stands up well....The film makes excellent use of its location settings."
Bullitt is a detective who senses that something is wrong behind his assignment to guard a criminal witness. This nonstop thriller features one of the great car chases in cinematic history, along with a great hard-boiled performance by Steve McQueen.
Essential Cinema |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: October 17, 1968.
- Shot on location in San Francisco, California.
- Solar Productions (the Production Company behind the financing for BULLITT) was actor Steve McQueen's company.
- Robert Duvall plays a small role as a taxi driver, and Norman Fell as a police captain.