- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 10, 2004
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/26/1996
"...Sweetly sentimental...Whimsical....It's stunningly shot...and handsomely mounted..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/06/1996
"...BOGUS is a celebration of the transforming powers of the imaginations, a fantasy of infinite charm..."…"
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/06/1996
"...Charming....This is the sort of beguiling fairy tale that needs as little reality as possible..."
When her childhood best friend dies in a car accident, leaving an orphaned seven-year-old son, a New Jersey woman takes the child into her home. What she doesn't expect is that he's also bringing along a friend--an imaginary French guardian angel.
After the death of his mother, 7-year-old Albert is sent to live with his godmother Harriet. The overworked Harriet is VERY reluctant to take the boy in, and has trouble bonding with him. However, Albert does relate to his large, French imaginary friend named Bogus, who helps Albert cope with the traumas in his young life. But can Bogus bridge the gap between Harriet and Albert'
- Released theatrically in the USA September 6, 1996.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Panavision widescreen.
- Story co-written by Francis X. McCarthy.