- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A former secret service agent is now a bodyguard for a pop superstar turned actress. In the course of protecting the unpredictable star from a homicidal fan, they develop a trust and love that is rare for both. Screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan. Academy Award Nominations: Best Song ("I Have Nothing"), Best Song ("Run To You").
Description by Warner Home Video:
The Bodyguard stars Whitney Houston as a pop-music diva and Kevin Costner as the ultra-serious bodyguard assigned to protect her in teh aftermath of several death threats. Initially repelled by each other like water and oil, a passion ignites between them as teh danger increases, transforming them as everythign around them explodes.
A freelance bodyguard, once a CIA agent, is approached by a friend to protect a singer/actress superstar after she starts receiving hate mail.
- The William Randolph Hearst estate San Simeon is used for the estate belonging to Houston in the film.
- Extracts from the films "Yojimbo" (1961) and "Metropolis" (1926) are shown.
- Shot in Technicolor.