T.G. Sheppard Smooth Sailin'
|You Save:||$9.99 (77% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by T.G. Sheppard ~ Finally! ~ $3.98
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. 3423 (1980)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Another huge success for country-pop sensation T.G. Sheppard, Smooth Sailin' reached #19 on the Billboard Country Albums chart. Originally released in 1980 by Warner Bros, this hit album features 2 #1 Country hits: "Do You Wanna Go To Heaven" and "I Feel Like Loving You Again."
- 1.Do You Wanna Go To Heaven
- 2.If I Never Saw The Light Of Day Again
- 3.I Feel Like Loving You Again
- 4.I Could Never Dream The Way You Feel
- 5.How Far Our Love Goes
- 6.Smooth Sailin'
- 7.My Mind's Already Home
- 8.Do It Again
- 9.Don't Touch Me
- 10.Let The Little Bird Fly
Personnel: T.G. Sheppard (vocals, guitar); Pete Bordonali (guitar, electric guitar); D. Bergen White (strings, background vocals); Sheldon Kurland, Lennie Haight, Dennis Molchan, Samuel Terranova, Stephanie Woolf, George Binkley III, Roy Christensen, Carl Gorodetzky, Marvin Chantry (strings); Tony Migliore, Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Bobby Emmons (piano); Lee Farmer (synthesizer); Bob Wray (bass guitar); Roger "Little" Clark, Roger Clark (drums); Clyde Brooks, Terry McMillan (percussion); Jackie Cusic, Donna Sheridan, Deborah Allen, Donna McElroy, Karen Taylor , Dennis Wilson , Wendy Suits, Buddy Killen (background vocals); Reggie Young (guitar, electric guitar); Jerry Shook (guitar); Bobby Wood (piano); Larrie Londin (drums).
Photographer: Dick Zimmerman.
Arranger: D. Bergen White.
Urban cowboy T.G. Sheppard may no longer be a household name, but his late-1970s and early-'80s popularity is easily understood on the strength of this collection of smoothly delivered, occasionally sentimental, often sexy country songs, originally released in 1980. The album's opener, "Do You Wanna Go to Heaven" begins as a conventional celebration of the sacred but continues as a chronicle of more earthly pursuits, while "If I Never Saw the Light of Day Again" is a similar sexy delight. The title track is pure Jimmy Buffet-style country pop with a dash of ukulele, and "Don't Touch Me" is a slow-burning romantic ballad that showcases Sheppard's simmering vocals.
Johnny CashGet Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Johnny CashSings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,139
- UPC: 090431771327
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Alabama Feels So Right (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas With The Chipmunks, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- America Live (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE