- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 3, 2000
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 11/11/1996
"...The dog is marvelously expressive, especially in close-up..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/02/1996
"...[A] well-made werewolf movie....With exceptionally well-written characters and well-directed actors..."
While in the wilds of Nepal, a photojournalist and his girlfriend are attacked by a hideous subhuman beast who kills her and wounds him. Soon after, the journalist's recuperation is impaired by the growing knowledge that he is being transformed into a beast as well.
One night, Ted is attacked by a werewolf, who bites him on the arm. A few months later, Ted -- now a lycanthrope himself -- moves in with his sister Janet and her son, who are unaware of Ted's condition. However, Janet's german shepherd Thor is highly suspicious of Ted...
Will Ted-the-werewolf turn on his family' If so, can Thor save the day'
- Released theatrically in the USA November 1, 1996.
- Based on the novel "Thor" by Wayne Smith.
- Additional credit: Jacobus Rose (co-producer).
- Thor was played by canine thespian Primo.