Ronnie Milsap A Rose By Any Other Name
|You Save:||$9.99 (77% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
Don Williams All American Country (CD) ~ $5.97
Don Williams The Best of Volume 2 - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) $8.84
Don Williams The Definitive Collection (CD) $8.90
Don Williams Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $5.97
- Released: April 4, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. 2870 (1975)
Description by OLDIES.com:
An early release by country music legend Ronnie Milsap. Originally released by Warner Bros. in 1975, A Rose By Any Other Name was an early hit for Milsap climbing to #23 on the Billboard Country Albums chart.
- 1.She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye
- 2.Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends
- 3.You And Me Me And You
- 4.I Just Can't Help Believin'
- 5.Keep On Smilin'
- 6.A Rose By Any 0Ther Name
- 8.Blue Skies Of Montana
- 10.Loving You's A Natural Thing
Liner Note Author: Al Fichera.
Released in 1975, just as Ronnie Milsap's career was achieving cruising altitude, A Rose by Any Other Name winds up recycling much of his 1971 eponymous debut. A full five tracks are repeated from that album -- "Blue Skies of Montana," "Crying," "Keep on Smiling," "Why," and an excellent version of Kris Kristofferson's "Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends" -- and to the mix are added some good leftovers, including a good version of Mickey Newbury's "She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye." These additions push the album closer toward country than Ronnie Milsap was, which is a deliberate move: this way, it would appeal to the country audience more than the willful Southern eclecticism of his debut. But that eclecticism is a large part of what made Ronnie Milsap a satisfying debut, particularly because he hadn't yet developed his distinctive smooth country style -- a style that he found by 1975, when he started having hits like "Pure Love" and "(I'd Be) A Legend in My Time." So, the newer material here isn't as good as what was cut, and the album doesn't hold together as well as the original debut, leaving A Rose by Any Other Name as a fitfully entertaining record instead of a cohesive one. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,781
- UPC: 090431771020
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Nat Adderley Hummin' (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Alisha Bounce Back (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Allures "Acappella" Starlight Sessions, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Marc Almond Tenement Symphony (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE