- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 30, 1997
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 10/06/1995
"...A cool Euro-slick thriller..."
Variety - 10/02/1995
"...Richard Donner handles the numerous chases, pursuits and showdowns with efficient, icy expertise..."
An aging professional assassin who's looking to get out of the business becomes prey for his psychotic, up-and-coming protege, mirroring the hit-man's own ascension fifteen years earlier.
Richard Rath is a seen-it-all, top-flight hitman, who wants out of the game. Miguel Bain is a young, hot-tempered Latin assassin, obsessed with dethroning Rath -- by killing him. Rath's final mission before retiring is to steal a computer disc, and kill its pretty-but-ditzy owner, Electra. But when Rath discovers that Bain is on the same case, he senses a set-up, so he takes Electra with him. This sets the stage for a deadly game of cat-and-mouse, in which the goal is survival....
- Released theatrically in the USA on October 6, 1995.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Produced in association with Donner/Shuler-Donner Prods.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Additional credits: James Hapsas, Vicente Juarbe (assistant directors); Paul Pollard, Joseph Thibo, Michael Jones (camera operators); Lee Harman, Tammy Baker (makeup); Don Harper, Christopher Ward, Jeff Rona (additional music); Dick Hancock (stunt co-ordinator).