- Compilation Producer: Jeff James
- Compilation Engineer: Debra Parkinson
- Track 24 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-45399 in 1971
- Track 25 Originally Released as Columbia Singls 4-45279 in 1970
- Tracks 12 & 26: Unreleased Bonus Tracks
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia CS 9800 (1969)
- Original Album #2: Columbia C 31105 (1971)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A CD reissue of two classic Peter Nero albums, originally released on the Columbia label in 1969 and 1971. "Summer of '42" hit #23 on the Billbaord Pop Alubms chart, and the title track went as high as Top 25 on the Billbaord Pop Singles chart and peaked at #6 on the Adult Contemporary chart. "Lonely As I Leave You" and "Never Can Say Goodbye" are both previously unreleased tracks, and both "Theme From Jesus Christ Superstar" and "El Condor Pasa (If I Could)" were previously only available as Columbia singles.
- 1.For Once In My Life
- 2.Wichita Lineman
- 3.Soulful Strut
- 4.Scarborough Fair / Canticle
- 5.Rain In My Heart
- 6.I Love How You Love Me
- 7.I've Gotta Be Me (From The Musical "Golden Rainbow")
- 8.Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da (Variations On The Theme)
- 9.Hey Jude
- 10.Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero (All I Need Is Time)
- 11.I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- 12.Lonely As I Leave You (Previously Unreleased)
- 13.Theme From "Summer Of '42"
- 15.(They Long To Be) Close To You
- 16.How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
- 17.You've Got A Friend
- 18.Go Away Little Girl
- 19.For All We Know
- 20.Make It With You
- 21.We've Only Just Begun
- 22.Theme From "Love Story"
- 23.Never My Love
- 24.Theme From "Jesus Christ, Superstar" (A Rock Opera) (Bonus Track)
- 25.El Condor Pasa (If I Could) (Single Version) (Bonus Track)
- 26.Never Can Say Goodbye (Previously Unreleased)
2 LPs on 1 CD: I'VE GOTTA BE ME (1969)/SUMMER OF '42 (1971).
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out-of-print LPs by easy listening artist Peter Nero: I've Gotta Be Me and Summer of '42, originally issued in 1969 and 1970. These 26 remastered tracks find the pianist interpreting hits of the era including "Hey Jude," "(They Long to Be) Close to You," "Never My Love," "Make It with You" and "You've Got a Friend." This is an enjoyable but nonessential reissue chosen from Peter Nero's wealth of back catalog. ~ Al Campbell