- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 22, 2002
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Millennium
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Liv Ullman - Director
- Ingmar Bergman - Screenwriter
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 11/01/2000
"...It is an invigorating experience to see the work of a masterful director fully in control of her craft..."
New York Times - 01/26/2001
"...More than just a reverent homage to [Ingmar Bergman]....The [film's] mystery is deepened by [its] extraordinary central performances..."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2001
"...[Ullman has] a magnificent empathy with her players, she is also rewardingly attentive to visual detail..."
Entertainment Weekly - 02/16/2001
"...A searing close-up epic of adultery....FAITHLESS is a domestic tragedy of lacerating vision..."
Total Film - 03/01/2001
"...Ullmann's refreshingly restrained direction draws out intense performances from all involved..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/16/2001
"...As luminous as it is shattering, FAITHLESS is complex, challenging and richly rewarding, and it glows with the kind of wrenchingly selfless portrayals that are the hallmark of the Bergman classics..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/16/2001
"...Intriguing in the way it dances in and out of the shadow of Bergman's autobiography....Ullmann has a sure sense for the ways people behave in emotional extremity..."
Love Story |
Paris, France |
- Theatrical release: January 26, 2001.
- Ullmann told the New York Daily News in January 2001, "If you see a movie and recognize something of yourself, if you connect to some feelings or something that is said, to me that is not heavy. To me, it's more heavy with the Farrelly brothers, where you make love to a chicken. Because what is life about then' About nothing' Going to the cinema and watching that' Talk about lack of values."
- Ullmann was heavily influenced by Ingmar Bergman, though she says that watching him direct movies taught her more about how to be a bad director than a good one. She starred in nine of Bergman's films and was his lover. Bergman is the father of her daughter, Linn. In addition, two of the four movies Ullman has directed--including FAITHLESS--use screenplays written by Bergman.