- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Millennium
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 02/15/1991
"...A modest, engaging teen movie of exceptional substance and insight that boasts shining performances from Rick Schroder and Brad Pitt..."
This frank drama contrasts the lives of two brothers who are opposite in a almost every way. Joe (Brad Pitt) is the perfect son and athlete obsessed with his dream of a track scholarship. His brother Billy (Rick Schroder) is a short-fused teenage rebel paroled from reform school. When Joe talks Billy into joining a rival school's track team, he unexpectedly finds himself racing against his own brother and possibly killing his scholarship dreams, as well as his relationship with Billy. Pitt and Schroder are fantastic as the bickering brothers who can't seem to come to a truce.
Family Interaction |
- The film has both R-rated and a PG-13 rated versions.
- The film was exhibited at the Houston International Film Festival in 1990.
- A Rosenbloom Entertainment production.
- Additional credits: Farrel Levy (editor, sound), Thomas Meleck (production design), Francesca Bill (associate producer), Robert A. Schacht (associate producer).