- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2009
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fox Searchlight
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"You're a dirty little birdy."
- Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates) to Paul Sheldon (James Caan)
"It's a masterpiece! What was the name of that ceiling painted by that dago'"--Annie "The Sistine Chapel'"--Paul
"Yes. You and Michaelangelo. Geniuses."
"I'm your number one fan."
- Annie to Paul
A "heart-stopping psychological thriller" (Joel Siegel) this Academy Award®-winning* film is "one of the best horror movies" (Time) ever. Adapted from a Stephen King story by Oscar®-winning** screenwriter William Goldman (All the President's Men) and directed by Rob Reiner (A Few Good Men), this chiller starring Kathy Bates (Titanic) and James Caan (The Godfather), is "a Hitchcockian kind of cat-and-mouse" (The New York Times) game played between two cunning minds one as sharp as a tack and the other as blunt as a sledgehammer. Novelist Paul Sheldon (Caan) doesn't remember the blinding blizzard that sent his car spinning off the road. Nor does he remember being nursed back from unconsciousness. All he remembers is waking up in the home of Annie Wilkes (Bates)a maniacal fan who is bent on keeping her favorite writer as her personal prisoner for the rest of his "cock-a-doodie" life!
- Audio: English: 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, 5.1 Dolby Surround / Spanish: Dolby Surround, 5.1 Dolby Digital / French: 5.1 Dolby Surround, 51DTS
- Language: Dubbed & Subtitled: English, French & Spanish
- Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Widescreen: 1.85:1