- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono - English, Spanish
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Theatrical Trailer
- Spanish Trailer
- Fox Flix Trailers
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Elvis is a backwoods boy who is falsely accused of murder and put on probation. With the help of his probation officer, he is able to start a new life for himself.
Can a sensitive therapist help a rough-and-tumble hayseed realize his true literary gifts'
Glenn has had his share of hard knocks, including time spent behind bars and life housed under the authority of his rumrunning uncle. But he can somehow arrange words to create worlds of the imagination.
After he meets Irene, a social worker, Glenn finds confidence and affection. Their work together begets not only personal growth for Glenn but the possibility of love for both.
However, Glenn has a few women vying for his attention, and the small town where Glenn and Irene live has an appetite for gossip, scandal and even destruction.
- Additional cast: Christina Crawford (Monica George); Robin Raymond (Flossie); Ruby Goodwin (Sarah); Will Corry (Willie Dace); Harry Carter (Bartender); Bobby West (Hank Tyler).
- Additional crew: Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatori and George Weiss (song composers, "Wild in the Country"); Fred Weiss and Ben Weidman (song composers, "I Slipped, I Fell").