- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes (Live Action Only)
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Footage:
- Live Action Footage
- Audition Tapes
- Richard Linklatter - Director, Bob Sabiston - Animator, Tommy Pallotta - Producer.
- Animators (25)
- Sundance Channel Special
- MAKING OF WAKING LIFE
- Animation Software Tutorial
- SNACK AND DRINK (Directed by Bob Sabiston)
- WILEY WIGGINS TEST
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 10/17/2001
"...A well-crafted personal project..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 11/01/2001
"...WAKING LIFE is a tantalizing animated film..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/26/2001
"...Exhilarating....WAKING LIFE is an amazing thing....A thrill, a trip to a fabulous new frontier..."
Rolling Stone - 11/08/2001
"...Strikingly original....It works like a dream..."
Sight and Sound - 02/01/2002
"...A striking hybrid between live-action footage and computer-generated animation....It succeeds brilliantly as visual experiment..."
Total Film - 05/01/2002
"...[A] beautiful dreamscape....A film with big ideas..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/19/2001
"...It celebrates a series of articulate, intelligent characters who seek out the meaning of their existence and do not have the answers....The movie is exhilarating in its style and visuals as in its ideas..."
Animated Characters |
Animated Worlds |