- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/05/1993
"...The film has no shortage of momentum....Photographed strikingly..."
An American remake of the Dutch psychological thriller about a young woman who disappears mysteriously one day while vacationing with her boyfriend. After three years of searching obsessively for her, the boyfriend is contacted by the woman's abductor, a happily married professor whose deceptively normal facade masks the soul of a psychotic criminal. The man tests the depths of the boyfriend's obsession by drawing him into a bizarre and sinister game in which the young man must risk his own well-being in order to solve the mystery of his lover's disappearance.
Theatrical Release |
- An American remake, by the same director, of the Dutch/French film "Spoorloos" (1988), taken from the same novel.
- Filmed in Seattle, Bellevue, Monroe, Northbend and Snohomish, Washington State and Cody, Wyoming, in Deluxe color and Panavision.
- Titles and opticals by Cinema Research Corporation; title design by R.E.D. Productions.
- Additional music credits: "Copacabana" also written by Bruce Sussman; "Wipe Out" written by Ron Wilson, Robert Berryhill, James Fuller and Patrick Connelly; "Quittn' Time" written by Ray Benson and Tim Dubois; "Sweet Rain" written by James Michael Taylor.
- Rated BBFC 15