- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 23, 2006
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Stereo 2.0 - English, Spanish, French
- Additional Release Material:
- ADVENTURES IN FILMMAKING
- EARLY AWARENESS
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- KUNG POW: ENTER THE FIST
- DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR'
- FREDDY GOT FINGERED
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 05/24/1993
"...It's impressive to encounter so many belly laughs, and for that PART DEUX will no doubt be amply rewarded..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/21/1993
"...One of the pleasures of watching a spoof like this is to spot the references; it's like a quiz on pop art..."
A follow-up to the original that's even zanier than the first. Topper Harley heads up a mission into Iraq to rescue the rescuers of the rescuers of hostages being held by Saddam Hussein.
In this sequel to "Hot Shots," Topper Harley is recruited by the military and the CIA to go into Iraq and rescue US soldiers taken hostage during the Persian Gulf War, and also to rescue the soldiers sent into to rescue them, and the soldiers sent in to rescue them...
- HBO aired a "making-of" special shortly before the film's release. Entitled "Hearts of 'Hot Shots! Part Deux': A Filmmaker's Apology," it was a parody of the acclaimed 1991 documentary "Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Journey." "Hearts of Darkness" detailed the tumultuous production of Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now" and the effect that it had on all those involved through the eyes of Coppola's wife, Eleanor. Similarly, "Hearts of 'Hot Shots!'" ostensibly details the troubled production of "Hot Shots! Part Deux" through the eyes of Director Abrahams' young daughter.
- Feature spoofs such films as "Rambo," "Missing in Action," "Wizard of Oz," "Basic Instinct," and "The Lady and the Tramp."
- Film's credit sequence features "Fun Facts," a made-up Michael Bolton song, and the secret to "The Crying Game," among other gags.
- Richard Crenna's character "Denton Walters" is named after Crenna's old role on the radio and television series "Our Miss Brooks," Walter Denton.
- Film uses footage from "The Arsenio Hall Show," "Rapid Fire," and "Home Alone 2."
- Released in USA May 21, 1993.
- Filmed in part in the city of Ranchos Palos Verdes, California. Color by DeLuxe.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1993 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
- Available to buy in the UK.