Bobby Short Bobby Short On The East Side / Moments Like This
|You Save:||$7.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1321 (1959)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 82474 (1982)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Two more classic albums from the discography of caberet vocalist Bobby Short -- the first was recorded and released on the Atlantic label in 1959, the second was recorded and released on the same label in 1982.
- 1.Slumming on Park Avenue
- 2.Looking At You
- 3.You Fascinate Me
- 4.Flying Down To Rio
- 5.Moanin' In The Mornin'
- 6.I Left My Hat In Haiti
- 7.I Like The Likes Of You
- 8.Let There Be Love
- 9.It Never Entered My Mind
- 11.Pretty Girl
- 12.I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
- 13.Delia's Gone
- 14.I Like The Likes Of You
- 15.Someone To Light Up My Life
- 16.Medley: Georgia Blues & Georgia On My Mind
- 17.Sigh No More
- 18.I'm Satisfied
- 20.Memphis In June
- 21.Moments Like This
- 22.I Am In Love (From "Can Can")
- 23.Say It Isn't So
- 24.Body And Soul
- 25.Sometime When You're Lonely
2 LPs on 1 CD: ON THE EAST SIDE (1959)/MOMENTS LIKE THIS (1982).
Personnel: Bobby Short (vocals, piano); Bobby Short; Dorothy Remsen (harp); Assa Drori, John Wittenberg, Ken Yerke, Ronald Folsom, William Hybel, Mari Tsumura-Botnick, Erno Neufeld, Stanley Plummer, Joe Stepansky, Robert Sushel, William Henderson , Arnold Belnick, Nathan Ross, Sheldon Sanov, Harry Bluestone, Endre Granat (violin); Carole Mukogawa, Dan Neufeld, Jerry Epstein, David Schwartz , Rollice Dale, Janet Lakatos (viola); Paula Hochhalter, David H. Speltz, Anne Karam, Douglas Davis (cello); Gene Cipriano (oboe); Gary Coleman (vibraphone); Beverly Peer, Ismael Ugarte, Aaron Bell (double bass); Lou Levy (Fender Rhodes piano); Johnny Cresci, Robert Scott , Kenny Belding (drums).
Liner Note Author: Bobby Short.
Recording information: 03/06/1959-??/??/1982.
This two-fer on Collectables bring together a pair of cabaret ace Bobby Short's Atlantic albums. On the East Side recorded live in 1959 is a dramatic, lively, hard-swingin' set of Short in his prime, recorded with a trio. This is American saloon singing at its finest, full of exaggerated drama, finger-popping and amiable, good natured cheer. Short is so great he can sing Cole Porter's ""You Fascinate Me,"" ""I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter,"" and a Caribbean murder ballad like ""Delia's Gone,"" and make them all the stuff of fantasy. On Moments Like This, recorded in 1982, the mood is romantic and nocturnal, full of strings and breezy rhythms. The standouts here include a medley of the Overstreet and Higgins nugget ""Georgia Blues"" with Hoagy Carmichael's ""Georgia on My Mind,"" as well as No‰l Coward's ""Sigh No More,"" and Cy Coleman's awesome ""Sometimes When You're Lonely."" ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 43,241
- UPC: 090431765524
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE