- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailers (6)
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 12/16/1994
"...Loving and gentle and lit like a 1940s musical..." -- Rating: B
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/18/1994
"...This modern update is a sweet, gentle, good-hearted film that stays true to the spirit of the original..."
An updated version of the 1947 classic about a department-store Kris Kringle who brings joy to Christmas, by making Susan, a cynical little girl and her mother believe in Santa Claus. A warm and cozy film with just the right amount of nineties edge. MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET stars Mara Wilson (the unbelievably adorable daughter of MRS. DOUBTFIRE) as Susan.
This remake of the popular, heartwarming Christmas classic captures all the joy of the original version.
A little girl, who has been raised not to believe in fantasy, fairy tales, and Santa Claus, meets a department-store Santa who claims he's the real Kris Kringle. Her mother insists that it can't be true--that Kris is only a nice old man who isn't all too sane.
But soon things start happening that may make both of them change their minds... and have faith in magic once again.
Family Interaction |
Santa Claus |
Tear Jerker |
- Shot in Dolby Spectral Recording.
- Released theatrically in the USA November 18, 1994.
- To fully capture the festive atmosphere of Thanksgiving Day in New York, the filmmakers closed down nine blocks of Central Park West for five days in order to stage the Cole's Department Store holiday parade that opens the movie, the largest closure ever of this area of Manhattan for a movie shoot.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.