- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 11, 2004
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: 20th Century Fox
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Stereo - Spanish
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Full-Screen - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This revisionist retelling of the classic tale features a less-than-altruistic Robin Hood (Patrick Bergin) and a fiesty Maid Marion (Uma Thurman) who isn't afraid of a little swordplay. It has Robin Hood starting out as a landowner who loses his holdings through the machinations of tax-collecting turncoat Deguerre. In response, the Saxon hero takes up with a band of robbers, organizing them in a effort to remove Deguerre and the other villainous Normans from power.
- Additional credits: Ben Seresin (camera operator), Tony Bell (sound maintenance), Don Sharpe (dubbing editor), and Joan Hills (makeup/hairdressing supervisor).
- Originally meant to be released theatrically, but pulled due to the large-budgeted production, "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves," released the same year.
- Color by Rank, Shot on Eastmancolor film from Kodak. Filmed on location at Peckforton Castle, Cheshire and Tatton Park.
- Special thanks to The National Trust - North Wales Region, English Heritage, and The Forestry Commission.
- Copyright 1991 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.