- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 13, 2005
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- (unspecified) - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/02/1993
"...[The] supporting performances are functionally intense, and behind-the-scenes contributions, notably Dean Tavoularis' opulent production design, are elaborate and highly professional..."
A Los Angeles special agent (Snipes) must team up with an expert on Japanese culture (Connery) to investigate the murder of a call-girl in the boardroom of a Japanese corporation. The case turns out to be bigger than either of them had thought. Rather loosely based on Michael Crichton's novel.
Amid distrust and uncertainty, two detectives from Los Angeles investigate the murder of a young woman. The story is set in and around a Japanese corporation based in Los Angeles and the detectives bring their differing viewpoints about Japanese corporate society into the murder investigation.
Big Business |
Race Relations |
Theatrical Release |
- Released theatrically in the USA July 30, 1993.
- Sean Connery's wardrobe was designed by Giorgio Armani.
- Post-Production Sound by Skywalker Sound, Marin Country, California.
- Filmed in Panavision, color by DeLuxe.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.