Ray Conniff Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song / Love Will Keep Us Together (Plus Bonus Tracks)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
- Track 11 originally released as Columbia single 3-10164 in 1975.
- Track 12 previously unreleased.
- Track 22 originally released as Columbia singls 3-10133 in 1975.
- Reissue producer: Jeff James
- Reissue Engineer: Debra Parkinson
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia KC 33564 (1975)
- Original Album #2: Columbia KC 33884 (1975)
Description by OLDIES.com:
- 1.My Eyes Adored You
- 2.The Best Of My Love
- 3.He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- 4.Lovin' Yo
- 5.Last Farewell
- 6.(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- 7.My Melody Of Love
- 8.Only Yesterday
- 9.Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- 10.I Need You Baby
- 11.On The Run (Bonus Track)
- 12.Jackie Blue (Previously Unreleased)
- 13.Please Mr. Please
- 14.Midnight Blue
- 15.Rhinestone Cowboy / Wildfire
- 17.Theme From "Paper Tiger" (My Little Friend)
- 18.I'm Sorry
- 19.At Seventeen
- 21.Love Will Keep Us Together / How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- 22.Love Theme From An X-Rated Movie (Bonus Track)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Hi all! Once again, Collectibles has responded to Customer Demand! and released two beautifully produced and arrangeed LPs for the mid-seventies...Has anyone ever seen a more beautiful LP cover than that of Another Somebody LP...??? Ray Conniff celebrating a birthday party w/his lovely wife VERA and his cutey daughter TAMARA! TAMARA is so lucky to have been such an integral part of Ray Conniff's LPs...Remember her little laughter at the end of CLAIR in I Can See Clearly Now....Well, this LP is FABULOSO...Great versions of Last Farewell (Roger Whittaker's beautiful song)...What a sweet version of the Carpenter's ONLY YESTERDAY.But in my humble opinion the GEM on this LP is RAY's own compositon (I NEED YOU BABY...) What a gorgeous POP SONG..! and we now see the long awaited release of Jackie Blue! yeah!! Love Will Keep Us Together has a couple of GEMS as well.....Listen to that very beautiful piano riff on Morris Albert's FEELINGS...Morris Albert commented back in the 70's about Ray Conniff's version saying it was "PERFECT.." This was the era of the SINGER/SONGWRITER so it was very hard to compete w/the originals without falling short, but Ray Conniff NEVER fell short...Beautifully written arrangement of John Denver's I'M SORRY and two other GEMS --> Janis Ian's AT SEVENTEEN sung with such mystery and dispair by none other than Lady Jackie WARD! What an outstanding singer..It's a shame she never recorded solo...Or did she??? Not sure.. Finally, the other GEM is Solitaire....What a fantastically FRESH version of this gorgeous song..and WHAT ABOUT that little surprise Collectibles snuck in....X RATED MOVIE theme..That could have been used in the Austin Powers movies, could it NOT! Thanks Collectibles! Kudos over and over again to you!
BONUS TRACKS! "Jackie Blue"...what a wonder song that has been hidden from the Conniff fans, until now. Thanks Collectables. If there are any other hidden gems out there, please continue to make them available to us! These are 2 very different Ray Conniff albums. "Another Somebody..." is a more up-tempo album that uses a small instumental back-up group that is focused on percussion. "Love Will Keep Us Together" is one of Ray's most mellow albums and, in my opinion, not one of his most creatative in terms of arrangements. (Hence my 4 1/2 star rating) But still a very good album, especially to the average "hard core" Conniff fan. It's great to have them in the cd format after all of these years. Thanks Collectables!
Just another 2 superb albums from the 70's, Conniff at his best, I know these albums as I have them on LP, and they just sound great. Can't wait for the new ones to be released in February.
Collectables, please continue releasing this wonderful music of this wonderful man.
Congratulations Collectables for releasing another two gems from the Ray Conniff catalogue.
Another Somedy Done Somebody Wrong Song is a happy album with great songs and a superb performance from the great Conniff Singers.
"Love will keep us together" shows another side of these wonderful Singers in a softer, mellow mood. They pair together perfectly! But, this is nothing new to any Conniff fan, because the Conniff quality mark is present in any thing Ray has ever produced.
Can't wait for "You are the Sunshine of my life/Laughter in the rain" ant "The Singles"!!!
This is another dynamite "two-fer" from Collectables, and represents two of Ray Conniff's very best and most popular productions. The vocals in both LPs represented a sort of "middle-of-the-road" transition between the original "instruments and voices" blending that characterized the early Conniff, and the supremely mellow renditions that emerged in the early seventies. These are two highly-listenable and eminently enjoyable additions to the collections of dyed-in-the-wool Ray Conniff fans, or anyone who simply enjoys excellent music!
- Sales Rank: 3,471
- UPC: 090431764626
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Easy Listening: Orchestral Music Categories:
- 101 Strings Orchestra Christmas Memories: Thomas Kinkade (3-CD) ~ $7.87 LABOR DAY
- American Cinema Orchestra Award Winning Movie Themes of the 80's (CD) ~ $7.16 LABOR DAY
- Leroy Anderson The Best of Sleigh Ride (CD) ~ $9.89
- Leroy Anderson Collection (Reg) (2-CD) ~ $10.49 LABOR DAY
- Leroy Anderson Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $7.19
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY