- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 14, 2002
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 12/20/1996
"...Clooney proves himself to be a true movie star....Irresistibility..." -- Rating:B+
Variety - 12/02/1996
"ONE FINE DAY is a pretty ideal baby-boomer romantic comedy. Made with the right breezy insouciance and performed with consummate flair and sexy star allure by Michelle Pfeiffer and George Clooney..."
George Clooney plays a rakish, irresponsible, and sexy single dad and Michelle Pfeiffer is a neurotic, standoffish, and sexy single mom in this likeable, fast-paced romantic comedy. Melanie Parker is an architect and a perfectionist workaholic who has no time for a social life. Unfortunately, things spin out of her control on the day of the biggest presentation of her career, when her son Sammy shows up late to school and misses the class field trip; he is left in Melanie's care for the day. Jack Taylor, a feckless newspaper reporter, finds himself in much the same situation when his newly married ex-wife leaves their daughter Maggie with him for a week, requiring a level of responsibility which he is unprepared for. The two meet in front of the school and sparks-of the ill-tempered kind-fly, as each projects onto the other the faults of their exes. Eventually, however, as each races to save his or her job while keeping their kids intact, their true feelings for one another emerge. The film was nominated for an Academy Award for the best original song ("For the First Time").
- Released theatrically in the USA December 20, 1996.
- Co-produced by Fox 2000 and Michelle Pfeiffer's vanity company Via Rosa Productions.
- Additional cast: Gregory Jbara (Metro Reporter); Amanda Peet (Celia).