- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Dual Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Stereo Surround - English
- Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots (5)
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/01/1980
"MY BODYGUARD is a sweet little movie about characters who really seem to be people, and that sort of verisimlitude is rearer than it ought to be....[Baldwin] is quite a find..."
Wall Street Journal - 07/02/2009
"Tony Bill directed this beguiling -- and undeservedly neglected -- coming-of-age comedy about a couple of outcasts who become friends."
Youth-oriented comedy drama about the adventures of a new student who enrolls in a high school run by a teen-age gang. He hires a bodyguard to protect him. Climax includes an unforgettable fight.
When affluent, harmless Clifford begins attending classes at his new school, he is immediately targeted by its cruel, resident gang. When Clifford finally grows tired of being their whipping boy, he hires a bodyguard: a hulking, intimidating, 18-year-old student, named Linderman. And Linderman has a mysterious past, for it is rumored that he once killed a cop, among other heinous crimes. Cliff and Linderman's unusual pairing pays off in two ways: Cliff is no longer being bullied, and the two teens become close friends, despite their different personalities and backgrounds. In fact, Cliff may have gained enough strength from their friendship to face his tormentors alone, without the benefit of Linderman...
- "My Bodyguard" was Tony Bill's first directorial effort.
- Film debut for actress Joan Cusack.