- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 1, 2009
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English
- Dolby Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Previews - Fox Flix
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
When Paul, a lonely biochemist, and Diane, a socially inept comparative psychobiologist, come across a gypsy's mysterious potion, they're skeptical. But when chimps respond favorably, the scientists have no choice but to test it on themselves, with hilarious and charming results.
In this charming romantic comedy, a brilliant but lonely biochemist (Tate Donovan) gets a mysterious potion from a gypsy who guarantees it will turn his life around. After showing it to his co-worker (Sandra Bullock), a shy animal psychobiologist, they achieve amazing amorous results in a chimpanzee experiment. Now the only way to see if it works on humans is to test it on themselves.
A geeky biochemist and a nerd psycho-biologist are perfect for each other, but they just don't know it. But a gypsy's gift of a love elixir makes them both irresistible to everyone else. After numerous romantic hijinks, they find paradise with one another.
Chemists / Chemistry |
Romantic Comedy |
- Shot in CFI color.
- The movie title and premise is based on the 1959 song, "Love Potion No. 9".
- Copyright 1992 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.