- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 26, 2009
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dual Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy - Stars and Shawn Levy - Director
- Featurette: Comedy Central's REEL COMEDY: JUST MARRIED
- Behind the Scenes: The Making of JUST MARRIED
- Deleted Scenes: With Optional Commentary (4)
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 01/17/2003
"...[Kutcher] carries himself with a blitzed air of proprietary glee, as if he were the class clown on spring break....Murphy, playing straight woman to these antics, proves unexpectedly charming..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/10/2003
"...Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy are attractive and skilled performers as the film's newlyweds..."
Juggling slapstick comedy with witty dialogue and youthful romance, JUST MARRIED provides an entertaining and optimistic glimpse at young relationships and the struggle to stay in love in a world where everything goes wrong. A chance encounter on a beach brings Tom (Ashton Kutcher, DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR') and Sarah (Brittany Murphy, 8 MILE) into each other's lives. They quickly fall in love and agree to get married. Although Sarah's wealthy family does not approve of their daughter's fiancé, Tom and Sarah believe they can sustain themselves on love, and so they take the matrimonial plunge. As soon as they are married, however, things start to unravel--first in their newlywed suite, next on the airplane to their honeymoon in Italy, then in the five-star Hotel Du Rêve in France. Pretty soon the couple is living out a hellish version of Murphy's Law, and divorce begins to look hilariously ominous. When Sarah's old flame shows up at their hotel in Venice to cause further trouble, Tom responds with a jealous outburst that lands the newlyweds in jail. Tom and Sarah survive their misadventures long enough to face the ultimate test of their marriage vows, when each reveals a secret that threatens to spoil their relationship entirely.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release Date: January 10, 2003.