- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: October 13, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Hilarious Deleted Scenes!
- A Day In The Life of Big-Time Movie Star Danny McBride
- Devil's Canyon Gift Shop Commercial and Tour!
- Feature Commentary With Director Brad Silberling
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/03/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "The film involves a gloriously preposterous premise, set in a series of cheerfully fake landscapes which change at the whim of the art director."
This big-screen adaptation of LAND OF THE LOST stars Will Ferrell as Dr. Rick Marshall, a quantum paleontologist who has been discredited in the scientific world due to his strident belief in time travel as the cure for all of humanity's problems. After hitting an all-time low (giving a lecture to elementary-school kids), Dr. Marshall meets an ambitious young scientist named Holly (Anna Friel), who tells him she has followed all his work and believes he's a genius. Spurred on by her enthusiasm, he finishes building the device that will allow him to time travel--something he promptly does along with Holly and fireworks salesman Will (Danny McBride), who leads them into a cave that seems like a promising place to test the new machine. Ending up in a world full of dinosaurs and scary, lizard-like creatures known as Sleestaks, the trio quickly lose the machine that brought them to this alternate universe. And if they ever want to return home, they must recover it with the help of Chaka (Jorma Taccone), the monkey-like friend they make in this strange place.
Theatrical Release |