Eileen Rodgers Blue Swing (Plus 4 Bonus Tracks)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$7.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.19 (48% Off)|
- Reissue Producer: Dan River
- Orchestra under the direction of Ray Conniff
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Columbia Records CS 8029 (1958)
Description by OLDIES.com:
- 1.Wabash Blues
- 2.Am I Blue
- 3.Some Of These Days
- 4.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- 6.I Guess I'll Have To Dream The Rest
- 8.I'd Climb The Highest Mountain
- 9.I Ain't Got Nobody
- 10.The Lonesome Road
- 11.I Cried For You
- 12.After You've Gone
- 13.I Don't Want To Walk Without You (Bonus Track)
- 14.Love Letters (Bonus Track)
- 15.My Foolish Heart (Bonus Track)
- 16.An Affair To Remember (Our Love Affair) (Bonus Track)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
I often fell asleep listening to this album when I was little. Her songs were among the first I learned. My Mom and Dad had the best dance parties at that time, and her music was played. Sometimes my Dad would stand me on his feet so we could dance around to this album.
I can't believe how underated this woman and her music is! After putting a lot of wear on an original vynal album I am extremely happy to find her music in CD!! Make no mistake! Just because these recording were made in Dec. 1957 they are CLASSICS and relevant music for today and forever. It will be extremely difficult for someone else of her calibur of talent to be found again.
God has finally answered another prayer for me!!!!!!!!I found the lp of this in the late 80's and almost played the GROOVES out!!!My personal favorite album of all time...Great vocals and energy...Unfortunately, my old roommate took the album and I've been crying the blues and searching for it on cd eversince..The other cd of Eileen Rodgers that is available doesn't hold a candle to this one....Trust me on this....If you like "up-beat"blues(no contradiction there) you will love this album with all these classic songs sung with a phenomonal voice....it's well worth the price just for the album art!!!!!
This gal was only in her mid-20's when she recorded this album with Ray Conniff's orchestra in December l957. Eileen had a few hits with Columbia, "Third-Finger Left-Hand" and "Miracle of Love" being the biggest. She had a big powerful voice reminiscent of Ethel Merman with a little less vibrato. I've waited years and years for this album to come out on CD and here it is. I'm hoping Collectables will include some of the singles not included on the Rodgers release from Collectors Choice Music last summer. If you like great standards, sung superbly with fine arrangements by Ray Conniff (all Conniff fans take note), you'll enjoy this album. It was also beautifully recorded by Columbia at the dawn of stereo recording. Collectables has done us Eileen Rodgers fans a great service!!!
- Sales Rank: 16,584
- UPC: 090431762523
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK