- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English, French
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailers - Fox Flix
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm just a receiver, and Robin sends me pictures."
- Gillian (Amy Irving)
Variety - 03/15/1978
"...[The] score is outstanding, as is the special effects team work..."
New York Times - 03/15/1977
"...The kind of mindless fun that only a horror movie that so seriously pretends to be about the mind can be..."
Wall Street Journal - 06/03/2011
"[A] crazed and mesmerizing thriller..."
New York Times - 11/22/2013
"Overheatedly lurid and clinically chilly at the same time, the 1978 telekinesis-and-paranoia thriller THE FURY is, for both devotees of its director, Brian De Palma, and hard-core horror fans, something of a classic."
Psychic Forces |
Theatrical Release |
- The film is also known as "Furie." It was released theatrically in the USA March 15, 1978.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Panavision on location in Israel and Chicago, Illinois.
- Music copyright Fox Fanfare Music.
- Feature film debut for actress Daryl Hannah.
- Actress Carrie Snodgress makes her first film appearance since receiving an Academy Award nomination for her performance in "Diary of a Mad Housewife" (1970).
- Budget estimate $5 million.
- Film received cooperation from American-Israel Film Productions; Herzliya Studios, Ltd.; State of Illinois Film Office, and The Mayor's Office for the City of Chicago.
- Additional cast: Joyce Easton (Mrs. Bellaver), Jane Lambert (Vivian Nuckells), Michael O'Dwyer (Marty, Kidnapped Cop), Sam Laws (Blackfish), Alice Nunn (Mrs. Callahan), Hilary Thompson (Cheryl), and Laura Innes (Jody).
- Additional credits: Kim C. Friese (assistant director), Roy Quiroz (script supervisor), Maria Iano and Pat Shade (assistant editors), and Trans/Audio (sound recording supervision and editing).