- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dual Side
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Tim Story - Director
- Tim Story - Director; Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans, Michael Chiklis, Doug Jones, Julian McMahon - Stars
- Including Kevin Feige - Executive Producer; Ralph Winter - Producer; Mark Frost, Don Payne - Screenwriters
Disc 1/Side A: FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER - Full Frame
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Disc 1/Side B: FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER - Widescreen
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 07/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "RISE starts with a bang....SURFER won't leave you (ahem) board."
Empire - 11/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "For this second outing the director has evolved the human relationships, conjured one especially nasty death, and brought to the screen an apocalyptic menace in the form of Galactus..."
The sequel to the 2005 blockbuster FANTASTIC FOUR, RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER finds the Marvel superhero quartet of Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd), Sue Storm (Jessica Alba), Johnny Storm (Chris Evans), and Ben Grimm (Michael Chiklis) facing an extraterrestrial threat in the form of the title character (played by Doug Jones and voiced by Laurence Fishburne), an enigmatic being whose presence on Earth could signal the planet's end. Amidst the ensuing action, Reed and Sue attempt to tie the knot, and an old foe (Dr. Doom, portrayed by Julian McMahon) waits in the wings, allowing for plenty of levity and drama.
An improvement on the original movie, this FANTASTIC FOUR outing, once again directed by Tim Story, gets much of its verve from the Silver Surfer himself. Played by Jones, an actor best known for his dual roles in PAN'S LABYRINTH, the Surfer is more than just CGI sheen, with subtle movements that seem truly alien and a voice of supreme gravitas, courtesy of Fishburne. Reed and Sue deal with wedding woes, while the fiery Johnny (aka The Human Torch) and a rock-solid Ben (The Thing) provide an extra dose of humor in a power-switching plot, making the film much lighter than other Marvel offerings and ideal summer viewing for the tween set.
- Theatrical Release JUNE 15, 2007
- Director Tim Story helms a sequel to his popular first FANTASTIC FOUR movie, with Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, and Ioan Gruffudd returning to reprise their characters.