Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs Wooly Bully / Little Red Riding Hood
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 7621
- by ? and The Mysterians ~ The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) ~ $11.02
- by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs ~ The Best of Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $3.99
- by The Vogues ~ Greatest Hits ~ $12.58
- by The Hollies ~ The Hollies' Greatest Hits ~ $5.97
- by The Kingsmen ~ Very Best of "Louie Louie" ~ $6.98 (Save 53%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: MGM 4407 (1966)
- Original Album #2: MGM 4297 (1965)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs had HUGE hits in 1965-66 with "Wooly Bully" and "Lil' Red Riding Hood." The popularity of the song "Wooly Bully" got them signed to the MGM, and these two original albums are the first albums that they released as a major label act. Highlights on these two albums include the above hits and "El Toro De Goro (The Peace Loving Bull)," "Hanky Panky," "Haunted House" and covers of songs written by Jackie Wilson ("I Found A Love") and Johnny "Guitar" Watson ("Gangster Of Love)."
- 1.Lil' Red Riding Hood
- 2.Hanky Panky
- 3.Deputy Dog
- 4.Green'Ich Grendel
- 5.Mary Is My Little Lamb
- 6.Sweet Talk
- 7.El Toro De Goro (The Peace Loving Bull)
- 8.The Phantom
- 9.Little Miss Muffet
- 10.Pharaoh-A-Go Go
- 11.Ring Them Bells
- 13.Wooly Bully
- 14.The Memphis Beat
- 15.I Found A Love
- 17.Every Woman I Know (Crazy 'Bout An Auto)
- 18.Haunted House
- 19.Juimonos (Let's Went)
- 21.Sorry 'Bout That
- 22.Gangster Of Love
- 23.Mary Lee
- 24.Long Tall Sally
2 LPs on 1 CD: LI'L RED RIDING HOOD (1966)/WOOLY BULLY (1965).
Recording information: 1965-1966.
This disc conveniently contains the first two albums by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs, all you need (and practically all there is) from these zany Texas rockers. Domingo "Sam" Samudio and his merry men scored a smash in 1965 with the garage-rock classic "Wooly Bully," from the debut album of the same name. Curiously, WOOLY BULLY and its successor LI'L RED RIDING HOOD are presented here in reverse chronological order, but who cares? This is a generous helping of good-time rock & roll, completely free of pretense. Perennial party favorites, Sam & the Pharaohs worked up a zesty mix of R&B, Tex-Mex, and humorously unhinged frat-rock, spiced with an unabashed dollop of novelty appeal. What they lacked in originality ("Sorry 'Bout That" and "Pharaoh-A-Go-Go" are essentially "Wooly Bully" with different--or no--words, and "Little Miss Muffet" is "Li'l Red Riding Hood" with a different storybook setting) they more than made up for in exuberance, winning charm, and sheer rock & roll elbow grease.
Jackie WilsonThe Best of Jackie Wilson (1957-1965), Volume 1 (CD)
$5.97 on SALE
KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE