The Second Civil War
A very uncivil comedy
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
sku: SKDVD 5604D
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 31, 2005
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Beau Bridges & James Coburn|
|Performer:||Joanna Cassidy, Dan Hedaya, Denis Leary, Kevin Dunn, Phil Hartman, James Earl Jones, Elizabeth Peña & Ron Perlman|
|Directed by||Joe Dante & Mac Ahlberg|
|Edited by||Marshall Harvey|
|Screenwriting by||Martyn Burke|
|Composition by||Hummie Mann|
|Produced by||Barry Levinson & Guy Reidel|
Beau Bridges stars in this black comedy that spoofs media manipulation, tabloid sensationalism, and the business of politics in this dark vision of a not-so-futuristic America. With a planeload of immigrant Pakastani orphans heading to his state for permanent relocation, the Governor of Idaho (Bridges) decides to defy the President (Phil Hartman) and close the state's border. News Net Television, a CNN-like cable news program that dominates the race for ratings by reporting on every possible political scandal or upset, quickly becomes involved and spins the racist act into an overnight media sensation, creating a divide in national opinion of both the Governor and the President. With a nervous country looking on--and the Governor romancing a NewsNet reporter (Leslie Pena) who's covering the story--it looks like Idaho may just start the second Civil War. THE SECOND CIVIL WAR is an original comedy from HBO.
Description by Warner Home Video:
What happens when the Governor of Idaho decides to close his state borders to fight a wave of immigrants, but is caught up in a stormy love affair with his fiery Hispanic news reporter mistress' The answer may well be the start of THE SECOND CIVIL WAR.
- Television release: March 15, 1997.
- Beau Bridges won an Emmy award for his role as the Jim Farley, the Governor of Idaho.
- Cameo appearance by Producer/Director Roger Corman as Sandy Collins.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Batman (1943) / Batman and Robin (1949) (Complete 1940s Movie Serials Collection) (2-DVD) ~ $5.58 on SALE