- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 25, 2000
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Interactive Features:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 11/19/1999
"...Fantastic performances from Schreiber, Malkovich and Cromwell enrich the remarkably strong ensemble....RKO 281 is an intriguing achievement..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/28/2000
"...Sly wit and tense pacing lend a handsome swagger to these Old Hollywood fisticuffs..."
This HBO mini-series tells the story behind the legendary movie CITIZEN KANE, which had a working title of "RKO #281." It's the story of the battle between Orson Welles (director and star of CITIZEN KANE), and William Randolph Hearst (whose real life bore an incredibly strong resemblance to the movie's main character).