The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom
|You Save:||$4 (40% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: JJ 90875D
- Black Widow Murders: The Blanche Taylor Moore Story (Full Screen) ~ $15.98 (Save 20%)
- Serial Mom (Collector's Edition) ~ $10.83
- Shattered Dreams ~ $6.95
- To Die For ~ $7.53
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 2, 2002
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Beau Bridges, Swoosie Kurtz, Gregg Henry, Matt Frewer, Frankie Ingrassia, Elizabeth Ruscio, Andy Richter & David Brisbin|
|Directed by||Michael Ritchie|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"The things you do for your kids."
- Wanda Holloway (Holly Hunter) to Terry Harper (Beau Bridges)
Michael Ritchie directs this freewheeling satire, which recounts a bizarre series of events that occurred in Channelview, Texas, in the early 1990s. The made-for-HBO comedy tells the story of Wanda Holloway (Holly Hunter), a ridiculously devoted mother who will stop at nothing to help her daughter Shanna (Frankie Ingrassia) become a high school cheerleader. Bothered by the annoying presence of fellow mother Verna Heath (Elizabeth Ruscio), Wanda is eventually driven to thoughts of murder. After recruiting her dim-witted ex-brother-in-law, Terry Harper (Beau Bridges), to help carry out the task, Terry's conscience gets the better of him and he works with the police in order to capture enough evidence to arrest Wanda. The resulting media frenzy that erupts turns the small Texas town into an out-of-control circus. As Wanda's trial begins to gain national attention, the friends and family of both Wanda and Verna must field a seemingly endless barrage of offers for the rights to the story. Ritchie ingeniously mocks the absurdity of his own film by casting the film's actual writer and producer as themselves, as well as including a line of dialogue in which Verna scoffs at the thought of Holly Hunter playing Wanda. The film features hysterical performances by Hunter, Bridges, Swoosie Kurtz, and Matt Frewer.
The true (and funny) story of Wanda Holloway, an overly devoted south Texas mother who will stop at nothing to help her daughter become a high school cheerleader--even if it means hiring her dim-witted ex-brother-in-law to committ a murder. The film is a documentary-like made-for-cable triumph.
- Director Michael Ritchie's film originally aired on HBO.
- The film's closing title card reads: "Most Channelview exteriors were filmed at their actual Texas locations. Important interiors have been faithfully recreated, and some of the costumes and props--even license plates--were borrowed from the participants. This movie was based on court transcripts and exhibits in the trial of Wanda Holloway, interviews and the public record. Some scenes, events and characters have been created for dramatic purposes."
- Jane Anderson (screenwriter) and James Manos, Jr. (producer) appear as themselves in the film.
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$11.99 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Sea Hunt - 24 Hour Television Marathon Collection (8-DVD)
$5.58 on SALE