Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$1.99 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: August 30, 2005
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Frank Langella, Alan Arkin & Kevin Spacey|
|Performer:||Tony Goldwyn, James Fox, Rupert Graves & Clive Owen|
|Directed by||Robert Young|
|Edited by||Tariq Anwar|
|Screenwriting by||Walter Bernstein & Lionel Chetwynd|
|Composition by||Richard Harvey|
|Director of Photography:||Ian Wilson|
A brilliant arms specialist is driven to create the world's most powerful weapon, a "Supergun," to sell to Saddam Hussein. Both the CIA and the British Secret Service are out to foil the scientist's attempt, but a lone Israeli spy may be the only one able to stop it in time. Based on a true story.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Based on the explosive true story of a scientist with one dream: to build the world's most powerful weapon - and he doesn't care who the customer is. But when the Iraqis make the buy, a top secret elite team swings into action. ' 'Compelling - full of real-life mystery.' ' (L.A. Times)
Based on the life of Dr. Gerald V. Bull, a weapons manufacturer and arms smuggler who fell victim to an assassin's bullet. Set just prior to Desert Storm, when Iraq was in the midst of a war with Iran, "Doomsday Gun" relates Bull's quest to produce the ultimate long-range missile for Saddam Hussein -- despite the attempts of both the American and Israeli Secret Service to stop him.
- The film was produced for HBO Showcase, and first aired on July 23, 1994.
- Additional production company: Griffin Productions.
- Dr. Gerald Bull, the arms manufacturer on whose life this teleplay was based, was fatally shot in his apartment in Brussels, Belgium on March 22, 1990. The killer remains at large. Bull was the inventor of the HARP missile, an extremely long-range cannon capable of hitting a target over 100 miles away, and developed arms for countries such as Chile (under Pinochet's military government) and South Africa (prior to the lifting of the UN embargo).
- Copyright 1994 Home Box Office.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Invisible Stripes (FS) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD)(8)
$6.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Scarlett - Complete Mini-Series (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE