And the Band Played On
|CYBER SALE:||$6.28 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.69 (37% Off)|
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 5, 2001
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Don Francis & Matthew Modine|
|Performer:||Alan Alda, Phil Collins, David Dukes, Richard Gere, Anjelica Huston, Swoosie Kurtz, Steve Martin, Ian McKellen, Lily Tomlin, B.D. Wong & Glenne Headly|
|Directed by||Roger Spottiswoode|
"...Wrenching..." - Recommended
"...An important, star-studded drama based on Randy Shilts' book of the same name..."
Gay leader Bill Kraus is dying -- and no doctor can name the disease that's killing him. All anyone knows is that some epidemic is attacking homosexual men. But rather than get down to serious experimentation and study, the Center for Disease Control stonewalls any effort to prove that the disease is transmitted through the blood; French and American scientists squabble about who should get credit for discovering the virus; and the gay community, sensitive about criticism of their lifestyle, refuses to admit that their own actions could make a difference in the spread of AIDS.
Meanwhile, the death toll mounts... and mounts... and mounts...
- Aired on HBO originally in the USA, then on network television.
- Released theatrically in Great Britain.
- Chuck Workman was the historical montage consultant.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Film excerpts from "The Second Epidemic" (1989) and "Midnight Express" (1978) were used in the film.
- Additional credits: Karen J. McCabe (San Francisco line producer); Marcia Basichis & Omneya "Nini" Mazen (associate producers), Robert Dawson (title design), Cinema Research Corporation (titles and opticals), and Richard Rothenstein (special consulting).
- Randy Shilts, the author of the book on which the miniseries was based, died of AIDS in 1994.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 106 ratings.
This is the most amazing Movie with Real Facts! None of the books I have read touched me as much as this Movie.I watch it every Dec 1ST for World AIDS Day..I am 58 and lived a lot of the History of this and Today's World of HIV/AIDS..This Movie makes me think, cry and get mad as Hell as ths Movie shows that our Government could have done MORE!!! I gave 9 years helping my Community Deal with the Feds and Get Help with Funding!! I Recommend this Movie to Allwho want to know the TRUTH!! Peace Out
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- The Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Volume 4 (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- The Graduate (Widescreen) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus Audio CD) (DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER SALE
- Dante's View (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER SALE
- Rutger Hauer Double Feature: Beyond Justice / Escape from Sobibor (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.