- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 5 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Two episodes of the ultra-rare, never-broadcast Swedish T.V. show "13 Demon Street, " written and directed by Curt Siodmak (Donovan's Brain), and featuring Lon Chaney Jr. as the host.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Four short tales of horror produced for television but never aired.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Two years before "Thriller," Boris Karloff hosted "The Veil," a never-broadcast ten-episode pilot of a TV horror anthology for the Hal Roach Studios in 1958. Boris also starred in nine of "The Veil's" ten episodes, making this a rare treat for Karloff fans. This special double-disc set includes all ten 26-minute episodes, directed by such genre luminaries as George Waggner (The Wolf Man) and Herbert L. Strock (I Was a Teenage Frankenstein), and starring such familiar faces as Patrick Macnee ("The Avengers"), Robert Hardy (Psychomania), Niall MacGinnis (Curse of the Demon), Clifford Evans (Kiss of the Vampire), Morris Ankrum (Earth vs. the Flying Saucers), Eve Brent (Gun Girls), and even a young George Hamilton. So please join Boris Karloff for another journey into the world of the unexplainable which lies behind...The Veil.
Short Stories |