- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 12, 2000
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Herschell Gordon Lewis - Director
- Shorts: NIGHTMARE AT ELM MANOR
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Stills/Photos: Herschell Gordon Lewis Gallery of Exploitation Art
Performers, Cast and Crew:
When John Stone receives two bottles of ancient brandy through the mail, he is as excited as he is mystified. As no more than a benign businessman, to receive such an inheritance is quite an event. His wife feels differently, and begs him not to drink any of the brandy, perhaps intuiting that the sweet spirits also hold the blood of Stone's ancient ancestor, the Count Dracula. Against her foreboding, he drinks, and is soon feeling the thirst for blood. The blood has not only given him the inclination to bite necks, however. As the surviving heir of the Count's legacy, he is driven by revenge to destroy the heirs of Dracula's persecutors.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Only a stake through her heart could appease his appalling passion! John Stone, a mild American businessman, receives an odd inheritance in the mail: two bottles of ancient brandy which, unknown to Stone, also contain the blood of his ancestor, Count Dracula! Despite the foreboding of his wife, Helene, John drinks the brandy and, sure enough, slowly turns into a pasty-faced vampire. Worse, in addition to his newfound thirst for neck-slurping, Stone seeks revenge against the ancestors of those who killed the vampire king. However, when Stone murders an exotic dancer known as "Vivacious Vivian," Dr. Howard Helsing (of the famous Dracula-killing Helsings) takes notice, but not before Stone puts Helene under his spell. "A Taste of Blood" is a moody, modern-day vampire tale from cult director Herschell Gordon Lewis (The Wizard of Gore) who (as "Seymour Sheldon") also turns in an amusing cameo as a British seaman.
Theatrical Release |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 014381609622
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item