Storybook Children / With Pen In Hand
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Billy Vera / Billy Vera & the Beaters ~ Hopeless Romantic: The Best of Billy Vera & The Beaters ~ $8.40
- On "Storybook Children," the horn arrangements are by Charles Chalmers and the string arrangements are by Ray Ellis.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 8174 (1968)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 8197 (1968)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Although primarily known for his 1987 #1 hit, "At This Moment," Billy Vera also had a top 20 hit in 1968 with the single "Storybook Children." As a songwriter, Billy Vera had songs recorded by many top artists, including Rick Nelson ("Mean Old World") and Barbara Lewis ("Make Me Belong To You.") When he recorded "Storybook Children" with Judy Clay, they also became the first interracial recording duo in soul music. These two albums were Vera's entire output on the Atlantic label - the first contains his pairing with Clay, and the second was his first solo album.
- 1.Storybook Children
- 2.Just Across The Line
- 3.Let It Be Me
- 4.Soul Man
- 5.Good Morning Blues
- 6.We're In Love
- 7.When Do We Go
- 8.Bring It On Home To Me
- 9.Do Right Woman - Do Right Man
- 10.Really Together
- 11.Ever Since
- 12.So Good (To Be Together)
- 13.With Pen In Hand
- 14.(You Keep Me) Hangin' On
- 15.Headin' Down Home
- 16.The Son Of Hickory Holler's Tramp
- 17.I'm Leavin' Here Tomorrow, Mama
- 18.Gee You Look So Pretty
- 19.I've Been Loving You Too Long
- 20.I Can Remember
- 21.Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- 22.To Love Somebody
- 23.Are You Coming To My Party
2 LPs on 1 CD: STORYBOOK CHILDREN (1967)/WITH PEN IN HAND (1968).
Personnel: Billy Vera (electric guitar); Butch Mann (electric guitar); Paul Griffin (piano); Eric Gale , James Tyrell (electric bass); Earl Williams, Peter Holman (drums).
Liner Note Author: Jimmy Byrd.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out of print LPs by Billy Vera: Storybook Children with Judy Clay and With Pen in Hand, both originally issued on Atlantic in 1968. Highlights among the 23 tracks include several cover versions of popular soul songs of the era, including "I've Been Loving You Too Long," "Let It Be Me," and "(You Keep Me) Hangin' On." ~ Al Campbell
Barney KesselBreakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin... (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
John LewisMilanese Story (Original Soundtrack) / Animal Dance (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 950
- UPC: 090431759226
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Jazz Instrument: Guitar Music Categories:
- The 52nd Street Blues Project Blues & Grass (Live) (CD) ~ $16.18
- John Abercrombie 39 Steps (CD) ~ $17.08
John Abercrombie The First Quartet (3-CD) ~
$24.19 Super Savings
John Abercrombie November (CD) ~
$14.81 Super Savings
Rarum, Volume 14: Selected Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings