The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sarah Miles & Kris Kristofferson|
|Performer:||Margo Cunningham, Earl Rhodes, Paul Tropea, Jonathan Kanh, Stephen Black, Gary Lockwood, Peter Clapham & Kris Kristofferson|
|Directed by||Lewis John Carlino|
|Edited by||Antony Gibbs|
|Written by||Lewis John Carlino|
|Composition by||Johnny Mandel|
|Produced by||Martin H. Poll|
|Director of Photography:||Douglas Slocombe|
A love story of a British widow and an American seaman is complicated by her 13 year old son. A bizarre ending is a shocker.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Obsession and fate collide in one of the most controversial and provocative films ever made. English widow Anne Osborne (Ryan's Daughter's Sarah Miles) lives by the sea with her young son, Jonathan. The arrival of a rugged American sailor, Jim (Blade's Kris Kristofferson), brings Anne the joy and sensual fulfillment she thought had gone forever, but her son is disturbed by this new intruder and joins a perverse group of fellow students led by the charismatic Chief. With its disturbing shock ending and frank love scenes, this stylish adaptation of the novel by legendary writer Yukio Mishima has become a timeless classic, with stylish direction by Lewis John Carlino (The Great Santini), powerhouse performances, exquisite cinematography by the legendary Douglas Slocombe (Raiders of the Lost Ark), and a haunting score by Johnny Mandel (M*A*S*H). Beautiful, eerie, and erotic, this spellbinder has been restored from archival elements to its anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1) glory.
Eerie, offbeat adaptation of Yukio Mishima's story about an affair that a young widow has with an itinerant seaman, which disturbs her lonely son with tragic results.
- Co-produced by Haworth Porductions, Ltd.
- Shot in Eastmancolor and Panavision.
- Additonal cast: Paul Tropea (Number Two), Gary Lock (Number Four), Stephen Black (Number Five), Peter Clapham (Richard Pettit), and Jennifer Tolman (Mary Ingram).
- Robin Vidgeon was the focus puller. Kris Kristofferson wrote the "Sea Dream Theme" music.
- David White was the associate producer.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!