- Track 13 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-41068 in 1957
- Tracks 14-15 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-41300 in 1958
- Track 16 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-41435 in 1959
- Track 17 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-41621 in 1960
- Track 18 Originally released as Columbia Single 4-41498 in 1959
- Track 13 features Jimmy Carroll & His Orchestra and is in mono.
- All other tracks issued here for the first time in stereo.
- Compiled and Produced by Dan Rivard
- New 3 Track Mixes by Ken Robertson
- Liner Notes: Gary Theroux
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Columbia Records CL 1095 (1958)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Given her first major label deal at the age of eighteen by Mitch Miller, vocalist Jill Corey recorded a total of twenty seven singles for Columbia. She was also an actress, with credits including "The Tonight Show," "The Dave Garroway Show" and "Your Hit Parade." In addition, she played the female lead in "Senior Prom," a 1959 Columbia movie musical which featured Louis Prima & Keely Smith's debut of "That Old Black Magic" and listed Moe Howard (of the Three Stooges) as associate producer. This reissue of her classic 1958 Columbia album includes six bonus tracks, all of which were originally released as singles.
- 1.Last Night On The Back Porch
- 2.When My Baby Smiles At Me
- 3.Ain't We Got Fun
- 4.I Double Dare You
- 5.You Got Me
- 6.Bye Bye Blues
- 7.Sometimes I'm Happy
- 8.In Love In Vain
- 9.Nobody's Heart
- 10.He Was Too Good To Me
- 11.Gee! I Hate To Go Home Alone
- 12.Better Luck Next Time
- 13.Exactly Like You (Bonus Track)
- 14.I Found A New Baby (Bonus Track)
- 15.My Reverie (Bonus Track)
- 16.Have I Told You Lately (Bonus Track)
- 17.Have You Ever Been Lonely (Bonus Track)
- 18.Seems Like Old Times (Bonus Track)
Personnel includes: Jill Corey (vocals); Glenn Osser & His Orchestra.
Originally released on Columbia Records.
Audio Mixer: Ken Robertson.
Liner Note Author: Gary Theroux.
This Collectables CD reissues vocalist Jill Corey's 1957 album, Sometimes I'm Happy...Sometimes I'm Blue, originally released on Columbia. The traditional pop vocalist is backed by the Glenn Osser Orchestra on such standards as "Sometimes I'm Happy," "Ain't We Got Fun?," "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You," and "Seems Like Old Times." Six bonus cuts are featured on this reissue, including "Exactly Like You with the Jimmy Carroll Orchestra. Those who appreciate easy listening pop will find this a welcome addition to their collections. ~ Al Campbell