Sylvia Syms Columbia Years
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||99¢ Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$13.98 (93% Off)|
Special Pricing: One per customer, per order.
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Sylvia Syms ~ Only The Best of Sylvia Syms (3-CD) ~ $26.38
- Compiled and Produced by Dan Rivard
- Digital Audio Restoration: Ken Robertson
- Liner Notes: Gary Theroux
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Sylvia Syms was a singer's singer - a supperclub siren with a tough but appealing style that compellingly conveyed the meaning of each lyric. She signed with Columbia Records in 1958, and over the next seven years, recorded seven singles and one LP, "Torch Songs." This CD compiles her non-LP tracks - 13 of those 14 singles sides (the other, "I've Got To Sing A Torch Song," came from the album). In addition is included an unissued alternate take of "Never A Day Goes By" and three other previously unreleased selections. All tracks on this CD are issued here for the first time in stereo.
- 1.With Percy Faith & His OrchestraI Wish I Knew The Way To Your Heart
- 2.With Percy Faith & His OrchestraEnchanted (Previously Unreleased)
- 3.With Percy Faith & His OrchestraLately
- 4.With Percy Faith & His OrchestraGuess Who (From the Broadway Musical "Goldilocks") (Previously Unreleased)
- 5.Orchestra Conducted by Marty ManningSome People (From the Broadway Musical "Gypsy")
- 6.Orchestra Conducted by Marty ManningI Say Hello (From the Broadway Musical "Destry Rides Again")
- 7.Orchestra Conducted by Marty ManningNever A Day Goes By (Alternate Version) (Previously Unreleased)
- 8.Orchestra Conducted by Marty ManningAt Last (Previously Unreleased)
- 9.Orchestra Conducted by Jimmy CarrollBig Tree Tall
- 10.Orchestra Conducted by Jimmy CarrollNever A Day Goes By
- 11.Orchestra Conducted by Frank DeVolFortune Teller Cookies
- 12.Arranged & Conducted by Peter MatzLove, Come Take Me Again (From the Broadway Musical "Here's Love")
- 13.Arranged & Conducted by Peter MatzSweet September
- 14.Arranged & Conducted by Joe ShermanPoor Everybody Else (From the Musical Production "Sweet Charity")
- 15.Arranged & Conducted by Joe ShermanThere's Gotta Be Something Better Than This (From the Musical Production "Sweet Charity")
Personnel includes Sylvia Syms (vocals); Percy Faith & His Orchestra.
Recorded between 1958 & 1965.
Audio Remixer: Ken Robertson.
Liner Note Author: Gary Theroux.
Arrangers: Joe Sherman; Peter Matz.
Peggy KingGirl Meets Boy / Wish Upon A Star (with Percy Faith & His... (CD)
$8.78 CYBER WEEK
Polly BergenPolly And Her Pop / Sings The Hit Songs From "Do Re Mi" And... (CD)
$3.98 CYBER WEEK
Jill CoreySometimes I'm Happy... Sometimes I'm Blue (with Bonus... (CD)
$5.99 CYBER WEEK
Teenage Bad Girl (1956) / Girl Gang (1954) (DVD-R) View Details
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 234
- UPC: 090431758427
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK