Aaron Zigman The Ugly Truth [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
The Ugly Truth $6.95
- Released: July 28, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Lakeshore Records
- 1.The Ugly Truth, film score: Flick the Bean
- 2.The Ugly Truth, film score: Abby Calls Colin
- 3.The Ugly Truth, film score: Abby & Mike in L.A.
- 4.The Ugly Truth, film score: Post Kiss
- 5.The Ugly Truth, film score: Bad Date
- 6.The Ugly Truth, film score: It's a Lie
- 7.The Ugly Truth, film score: Cat Person
- 8.The Ugly Truth, film score: Get the Stain Out
- 9.The Ugly Truth, film score: The Dinner
- 10.The Ugly Truth, film score: Jello Twins
- 11.The Ugly Truth, film score: Tease
- 12.The Ugly Truth, film score: Abby Calls Mike
- 13.The Ugly Truth, film score: The Ugly Truth
- 14.The Ugly Truth, film score: Duck Cacciatore
- 15.The Ugly Truth, film score: Thank Your P***y for Me
- 16.The Ugly Truth, film score: Champagne
- 17.The Ugly Truth, film score: Earpiece
- 18.The Ugly Truth, film score: Spazzy Dance
- 19.The Ugly Truth, film score: Your Producer
- 20.The Ugly Truth, film score: Closet
- 21.The Ugly Truth, film score: Black Dress
- 22.The Ugly Truth, film score: Frowny McFlaccid
- 23.The Ugly Truth, film score: Right This Way
- 24.The Ugly Truth, film score: Who Would Love
- 25.The Ugly Truth, film score: New Theme
- 26.The Ugly Truth, film score: Goodnight Then
- 27.The Ugly Truth, film score: Somethin's Up
- 28.The Ugly Truth, film score: Cat Escapes
- 29.The Ugly Truth, film score: Naked Weather Girl
- 30.The Ugly Truth, film score: Tahoe
- 31.The Ugly Truth, film score: Ratings
- 32.The Ugly Truth, film score: Your Replacement
- 33.The Ugly Truth, film score: The Kiss
- 34.The Ugly Truth, film score: Abby & Mike Banter
- 35.The Ugly Truth, film score: Abby & Mike Rant
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: Aaron Zigman.
Personnel: Mateo Laboriel (guitar, programming); Michael Stern, Tim Pierce, George Doering (guitar); Paul Bushnell (guitars); Jo Ann Turovsky (harp); Joel Pargman, Eun Mee Ahn, Alyssa Park, Serena McKinney, Al Hershberger, Miran Kojian, Irina Voloshina, Songa Lee, Nina Evtuhov, Katia Popov, Alan Grunfeld, Henry Gronnier, Helen Nightengale, Ken Yerke, Grace E. Oh, Tiffany Yi Hu, Phillip Levy , Ishani Bhoola, Marc Sazer, Mario de Le¢n, Yelena Yegoryan, Jay Rosen, Jacqueline Brand, Bruce Dukov, Natalie Leggett, Sara Parkins, Sarah Thornblade, Shalini Vijayan, Roger Wilkie, Marina Manukian, Josefina Vergara, Dimitrie Leivici (violin); Peter Jandula-Hudson, Matthew Funes, Steven Gordon, Cassandra Richburg, Brian Dembow, Keith Greene, Michael Nowak , Dave Walther, Thomas Dienner, Darrin McCann, Andrew Duckles, Robert Berg (viola); Paula Hochhalter, Christina Soule, Dennis Karmazyn, Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick, Paul Cohen , Kim Scholes, Antony Cooke , Stephen Erdody , Armen Ksadjikian, Andrew Shulman, Cecilia Tsan (cello); Susan Greenberg (flute, double bass); Geraldine Rotella (flute); Dan Higgins, Phillip O'Connor (clarinet); Phil Ayling (oboe); Michael O'Donovan, Judith Farmer (bassoon); Gary Grant, Jerry Hey (trumpet); Brian O'Connor , Richard Todd , Brad Warnaar (French horn); Drew Dembowski, Bruce Morgenthaler, Nico Abondolo, Oscar Hidalgo, Edward Meares, Michael Valerio (double bass); Gregg Bissonette (percussion); Jessie Voccia (programming).
Programmers: Mateo Laboriel; Jessie Voccia.
Audio Mixers: Michael Stern; Dennis Sands.
Ensemble: Hollywood Symphony Orchestra.
Arrangers: Mateo Laboriel; Patrick Kirst; Dan Higgins; Aaron Zigman; Jerry Hey; Paul Bushnell ; Brad Warnaar.
Fearlessly mixing his metaphors, composer Aaron Zigman writes of The Ugly Truth, "I feel that in this romantic comedy I was able to spread my wings and step outside the box a bit...." Cut through those clich‚s, and it seems that Zigman, already represented in movie theaters in the same period with My Sister's Keeper and The Proposal, wanted to try something a little different in his music for director Robert Luketic's film about the contentious and eventually romantic encounter between a TV morning show producer and "a hardcore TV personality" (that's what it says in the press release). Not unreasonably, Zigman seems to have chosen the tango as his musical response to the plot, and starting with "Flick the Bean" and "Abby Calls Colin," the first two cues, he does just that, making use of short, sprightly, rhythmic motifs that have a distinctly Henry Mancini-like quality to them. Sometimes castanets and other percussion instruments add spice; sometimes Zigman turns to a wah-wah electric guitar for a light funk feel. There are lots of cues here -- 35 in 38 minutes -- so nothing goes on very long. But the overall sense of sly fun remains constant. Whether or not Zigman's wings are still in his box, he seems to have come up with an appropriate score for a summer comedy. ~ William Ruhlmann
Sex and the City: The Movie (Extended Cut) (WS) (2-DVD)(233)
$5.98 on SALE
Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys (Full Frame) (DVD)(113)
$5.60 Super Savings
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)(171)
$9.72 Super Savings
Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD)(80)
$5.51 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)(8)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE