- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: First Look Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/04/1996
"...Broderick and Arquette have a sweet, unforced chemistry....It is a small story, and a touching one..."
A true-life romantic drama based on the life of legendary A-bomb physicist Richard Feynman and his special, tragic relationship with his first love, Arline Greenbaum. Matthew Broderick makes his directorial debut in this acclaimed love story.
This film chronicles the life of Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who worked on the Manhattan Project, the undertaking to build nuclear bombs during World War II.
But "Infinity" concentrates on the relationship between Feynman and the love his life, Arline. Early in their courtship, Arline is diagnosed with tuberculosis. Despite his family's objections -- and the danger it poses to him -- Feynman marries Arline. However, when Arline learns that she has Hodgkin's Disease, it puts a strain on their marriage -- that only the strongest of bonds can survive...
Period Piece |
Tear Jerker |
True Story |
- Presented by First Look Pictures.
- Based on the life of Nobel Prize winning nuclear physicist Richard Feynman -- who narrates the film.
- Directorial debut for actor Matthew Broderick. The film was written by his mother, Patricia.
- Produced by Neo Motion Pictures.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Shown at the Toronto Film Festival September 6, 1996.
- Additional cast: Jeffrey Force (Young Richard).
- Additional credit: Philip Euling (associate producer).
- Copyright 1996 Overseas Filmgroup.