- Released: January 20, 2004
- 1.Maybellene - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 2.Around and Around - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 3.Sweet Little Sixteen - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 4.Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Robert Cray (studio)
- 5.Memphis, Tennessee - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 6.Too Much Monkey Business - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 7.Back in the U.S.A. - Linda Ronstadt (studio)
- 8.Wee Wee Hours - Eric Clapton (studio)
- 9.Johnny B. Goode - Julian Lennon (studio)
- 10.Little Queenie - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 11.Rock and Roll Music - Etta James (studio)
- 12.Roll Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry (studio)
- 13.I'm Through With Love - Chuck Berry (studio)
Personnel: Chuck Berry, Keith Richards (guitars), Bobby Keys (saxophones), Johnnie Johnson (pianos), Chuck Leavell (keyboards), Joey Spampinato (bass), Steve Jordan (drums), Ingrid Berry (background vocals).
Recorded at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis, Missouri on October 16, 1986.
All songs written by Chuck Berry.
This is the soundtrack to a documentary film chronicling a concert held to celebrate Chuck Berry's 60th birthday. The band was led by Keith Richards and featured Berry's regular pianist, Johnnie Johnson, Richards' regular pianist, Chuck Leavell, Rolling Stones sax player Bobby Keys, bassist Joey Spampinato from NRBQ, and drummer Steve Jordan from Richards' solo band. The guests included Robert Cray, Linda Ronstadt, Eric Clapton, Julian Lennon, and Etta James. Berry was ragged-voiced but enthusiastic, the band had spirit, and the guests, even if they were sometimes unlikely, were sincere. The best way to hear Berry's music is to obtain the original recordings, of course, but as a souvenir of the Taylor Hackford film, this is an enjoyable romp through the catalog. ~ William Ruhlmann