- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 14, 2001
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Italian
Performers, Cast and Crew:
From Glyndebourne's 1991 tribute to the Mozart bicentenary, a stellar cast, conducted by Andrew Davis, combine forces for a stunning production of Mozart's opera. Acclaimed director Nicholas Hytner's staging is faithful to the original while interpreting it with a modern sensibility.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Mozart's "La Clemenza Di Tito" was originally commissioned to celebrate the coronation of the Emperor Leopold II as King of Bohemia in 1791. This rarely-seen masterpiece was Mozart's last opera. Nicholas Hytner's elegant staging for the Glyndebourne Festival Opera sheds new light on the compelling story of passion that overrides loyalty and integrity that is tested to the extreme.