- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 6, 1999
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer.
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/03/2013
"The violence in HARD TIMES is swift and pulpy -- it's thrilling to watch Chaney K.O. his first opponent with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it punch."
New York Times - 07/07/2013
"Directed with great precision and sobriety, HARD TIMES itself seems the taciturn opposite of so much of the unruly, loquacious American cinema of the 1970s..."
Writer-director Hill's first feature is a picturesque action film about a bareknuckle streetfighter (Bronson) who drifts into Depression-era New Orleans and hooks up with a small-time gambler. The gambler takes over the boxer's career, arranging illegal fights and involving him in a scheme to fleece some gangsters. Hill's eye for atmosphere combined with Bronson's best tough-guy role makes for a winning combination.
Classic Fight Scenes |