- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
God bless Gordon, Mrs. Hocheiser's dutiful son, who made a deathbed promise
to his father to take care of his mother and never to put her in a home. Now, at
the end of his rope, Gordon has started devising plans to scare his mother
to death--literally. When he meets the girl of his dreams--a nurse interviewing for the position of caretaker to his mother--he realizes things have to change, and either Mom or his new love has to go. Poor Mom never stands a chance. While his law practice falls to pieces around him, Gordon concentrates on the real issue at hand--getting rid of his scatterbrained, troublesome mother before she gets rid of his girlfriend. Carl Reiner's wacky black comedy features George Segal and Ruth Gordon as one of the funniest, most unforgettable mother-and-son teams on celluloid.
The film is loaded with familiar faces, including Rob Reiner, Vincent Gardenia, Barnard Hughes, Ron Leibman, Paul Sorvino, and Garrett Morris. WHERE'S POPPA' is a riotous farce that deserves more than the strong cult following it currently enjoys--and not just for the uproarious derrière scene.
A young lawyer plots to rid himself of his bothersome mother, who continually ruins his love life. When his attempt to put her in a nursing home fails, he devises even more drastic plans.
- Theatrical Release: November 10, 1970.
- Filmed on location in New York City.
- The film's end credits thank New York Mayor John V. Lindsay for his help and cooperation.
- Barnard Hughes also appeared in Carl Reiner's OH, GOD!