- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Tinted
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 9, 2007
- Originally Released: 1923
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes
- Additional Audio Footage - Audio Essay - Michael F. Blake, Author
- Film Highlights: ALAS AND ALACK
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- 3-D Stills Gallery
- Production Shots / Advertising Material Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This silent film is the first screen version of Victor Hugo's 1831 novel. Chaney plays the deformed bell-ringer who is smitten by a beautiful dancing girl persecuted by the wicked Bishop of Notre Dame.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Lon Chaney stars as the gentle outcast Quasimodo in the first film version of Victor Hugo's classic novel, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Paris of 1482 was meticulously recreated on the back lot of Universal Studios for this powerful drama that turned Chaney into a screen legend -- now presented in the ultimate special edition of this timeless classic.
A disfigured outcast from society, Quasimodo shows his humanity by rescuing a fair maiden marked for death. In the star-making gothic classic, the noble hunchback gives his life for the love of a young woman.
- The Image Entertainment CAV laserdisc version (Cat. #ID-3544DS) contains the following:
* A remastered sepia-and-blue tinted print of the film.
* A look at the Notre Dame courtyard set.
* A trivia-packed reproduction of the original souvenir
* A gatefold essay by Lon Chaney's biographer, Michael F.